About The Guilford House
Short-Term Rehabilitation in Guilford, CT
The Guilford House is a 75 bed skilled nursing facility dedicated to comprehensive short-term rehabilitation services. The facility combines innovative design and service programs that meld the best qualities of hospitality and healthcare. The building features 23 private rooms, 26 semi-private rooms and ancillary service space designed to support a program of rehabilitation and wellness.
The following is an update and basic information specific to The Guilford House and The Roses response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The following infection control procedures and protocols are in place and are adjusted daily as best practices specific to the pandemic evolve. The Guilford House is following Center of Disease Control and Prevention [CDC] guidelines specific to COVID-19. The Guilford House clinical staff are engaged in twice weekly teleconferences with Yale New Haven Hospital and ad hoc weekly conferences with the Connecticut Department of Health and CDC.
- The clinical staff are receiving multiple daily clinical and related email updates from a range of health care professional regulatory and professional organizations.
- All staff reporting to work have their temperatures taken upon entrance to the building and checked for COVID-19 symptoms.
- The facility is following CDC guidelines for any staff with respiratory symptoms with or without an accompanying temperature.
- The facility has sufficient staff in all disciplines to meet all patient care and related requirements. All staff wear masks on patient care units.
- The facility has all necessary personal protection equipment [PPE] to adhere to the above referenced COVID-19 guidelines and receives additional PPE almost daily.
- The ownership and management of The Guilford House are onsite daily and are pledged to use all available resources to protect the people we serve.
- Although many physician offices are closed the clinical staff are in telephone and or video contact particularly with medical specialty physicians.
- All new patient admissions are admitted to private rooms with isolation precautions and observed for COVID-19 symptoms.
- All patients’ temperatures are taken a minimum of 3 times daily and any patient who presents respiratory symptoms and or fever will be placed on appropriate precautions until such time the clinical staff determines its nature.
- All food deliveries have continued without interruption and there is an additional 3-week food supply on site.
The facility staff are active and engaged with its residents and therefore available for all questions and concerns specific to COVID-19 and in general. A Guilford House “daily” newspaper is also given to each patient with news and information. As you might imagine, the building is busy adhering to its present protocols, and it would appreciate all contact with the facility to be initiated judiciously.
However, please do not hesitate to contact the facility at 203-488-9142 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns or to schedule an online visit with a resident.